Tuesday, October 16, 2012

'Twas Joelle's Birthday...

...and all through the weekend, we celebrated. 
On the actual day, we went to lunch at Pho One on Kapiolani Blvd. Delicious as always. Cupcakes are all the craze right now. Not only on the mainland, but even in Hawaii. There are so many cupcake places that have recently opened, and that I still need to try. We started by going to Hokulani Bake Shop in the Hyatt Regency Wakiki Hotel. I spent the weekend there because my sister's wedding reception was there, and I had no idea cupcakes were under my nose the whole time. 
We got a four-pack.

 2 Strawberry Guava with Cream Cheese Frosting,
Lilikoi Cupcake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting,
and the cupcake that helped them win Cupcake Wars on the Food Network, 
a Vanilla Cupcake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and a drizzle of Strawberry Compote (whatever that is, it's delicious).
Candid.
Remnants. The strawberry guava one was my favorite, then the strawberry, then the lemon. Regardless, they were all delicious.
On Friday night, we went to Addiction. It used to be called Crazybox, so I call it Crazybox/Addiction, CBox, the Box, Boxin' it etc. A ton of kids from my graduating class were there, okay there were like ten of us, and I thought we should take a picture and submit it to the annual bulletin. It's not like this is a rare coincidence, we actually see each other quite often. Maybe because I haven't been home in October in years that it seemed special. I don't know if they'll print us.
 

 My friend had my phone for a couple days, so I was off the grid. Luckily, I got Jojo's number and a sweet new watch. Thanks Stenos!
It was interesting to be phone-less. I had to write down numbers and actually call and talk to people versus texting them. I also only talked to whoever I really needed to talk to, but wasn't available for others to get in touch with either. There are it's pros and cons. 

P.S. I had to give the watch back.

No comments:

Post a Comment