Sunday, February 23, 2014

Call Me Blondish McBlondishster

Salon Keiji. 2 pm with Allison. 
Life. Changing. 

I learned a lot about hair dying or bleaching or changing dark hair to light hair. Maybe not because I don't even know what it's called. All I know is bleach, heat thing, toner. 

I had to bleach my hair because I had some old color in it from a couple years ago. She teased the top so the bleach line wouldn't be straight across then put conditioner on the bleach. But only at the top part. I think.
This was the first time I dyed my hair with a professional. I was semi-freaking out on the inside...the whole time. The experience was nerve wracking because I didn't know how my hair would turn out. I brought a few pictures and decided to go "warmer" because I read brassy looks trashy and I didn't want to go red. I think those were my options. All I know is that I think I wanted a caramalish blonde/blonde.
While I sat under the heater thing I got to read Lena Dunham's article in February Vogue! 'Twas awesome. Dunham is constantly writing and is able to analyze and process situations on the spot. Plus, Love. Adam. Driver. 
She rinsed out the bleach and she put on the toner and developer. She used two colors. A darker one closer to the roots and bleach then a lighter one at the middle and ends so the colors would blend into each other.
Top-knot. 
Life-changer and question-answerer Allison. I was there for 3.5 hours and when we were finished it was SO weird to look down and see light colored hair. So weird. And it's still shocks me that that blonde hair is my hair and connected to my head. Mind blowing. Now the stray light colored hair could be mine. Strange. And awesome. 
I dyed my hair. I had to take selfies...right?
#selfieapproved

The lighting changes how the color looks in photos so I feel like I really don't know for certain what color my hair is. In natural sunlight it seems more blonde and indoors more caramely (and maybe more orange •__•). I love having light hair and I'm so glad I finally did it. Cheers!
 photo 543f15f2-77aa-462b-bee9-ef5cfda06e7a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment